18:30 Wednesday, 26 July 2023
- Get informed about filing taxes in Germany as an employed worker vs. a freelancer, and what this means for social security, expenses and real costs.
- Learn about the tax system for employed workers vs. freelancers.
- Talk with an experienced tax specialist, and organisers from Bloque Latinoamericano Berlin & the Berlin Worker Center.
- Get connected with help to navigate German bureaucracy.
- Meet other workers struggling with similar issues.
- Build power through organising
The programme will be in English.
- 18:30 Doors open tea, coffee & snacks
- 19:00 Workshop begins
- 20:00 Short break
- 20:30 Questions
- 21:00 Wrap Up
- Join the Berlin Worker Center and Bloque Latinoamericano Berlin for a community conversation about your rights as an immigrant and as a worker in Germany.
- Connect with other workers and immigrants over food and drinks. Learn more about the Berlin Worker Center and speak with organisers about your worker rights. The training will cover:
- A step-by-step overview of how to file your taxes as a migrant worker.
- The difference between filing as an employed worker vs. a freelancer.
- How these different categories affect your social security, expenses and real costs.
- Learn the difference between your Steuer-ID, Steuernummer, and Umsatzsteuer ID.